Unlike portable generators, automatic standby generator installations are not a plug-and-play solution. (Not sure what the difference is between a portable and standby generator? Click here)
Because the system is permanently wired into your home, there are a lot of details involved in an installation.
Here are the basic steps:
- Determine your budget and what you want to support in the home
- Have a Powers Representative meet with you at your home to perform a site evaluation
- Based on the recommendation we provide, choose your generator system
- Your installation is scheduled and Powers handles all the details for you: acquiring necessary permits & coordinating your gas connection (NOTE:some homeowners choose to coordinate their own gas connection)
- Site preparation is made and electrical work completed (this takes anywhere from 1-3 full days of work).
- Gas work is finished
- Electrical work and gas work in inspected by municipality
- Powers Technician performs a warranty startup: orients you with your generator and submits your warranty paperwork.
Interested in more details? Watch this video: