Get A Quote
Installing A System
You’ve decided you’ve had enough!
Severe weather, unreliable power grids and an uncertain world have left your home and family vulnerable for the last time. We are here to guide you!
How Much Will It Cost?
What Size Do I Need?
What Does Install Involve?
The prying question – how much will this generator project cost me?
There are a lot of factors that can contribute to the cost of your generator installation, such as: what brand and size generator you choose, how your home is wired, where you want to place the generator, and if you already have gas available at your home. Typically, a turn-key residential generator installation ranges from $5,000 – $15,000.
There are choices you can make to keep costs down, so a great place to start is to sit down with your family and determine a budget for your generator installation. This can help us realistically recommend the best solution for your home and budget. Don’t worry – we will help you through all the details when we visit you at your home for a site evaluation.
As you go through the process of getting a generator, one of the steps you will face is figuring out what size generator you need. The best way to determine generator size is to have a generator specialist visit your home to discuss your needs. However, there are things you can do on your own to get a pretty good idea of what size generator you may need.
Watch this short video below for more information.
Unlike portable generators, automatic standby generator installations are not a plug-and-play solution. (Not sure what the difference is between a portable and standby generator? Click here)
Because the system is permanently wired into your home, there are a lot of details involved in an installation.
Here are the basic steps:
– Determine your budget and what you want to support in the home.
– Have a Powers Representative meet with you at your home to perform a site evaluation.
– Based on the recommendation we provide, choose your generator system.
– Your installation is scheduled and Powers handles all the details for you: acquiring necessary permits & coordinating your gas connection (NOTE: some homeowners choose to coordinate their own gas connection).
– Site preparation is made and electrical work completed (this takes anywhere from 1-3 full days of work).
– Gas work is finished.
– Electrical work and gas work in inspected by municipality.
– Powers Technician performs a warranty startup: orients you with your generator and submits your warranty paperwork.
Interested in more details? Watch this video: